In India, it is a criminal offense to operate a motor vehicle without a valid driver’s license. A current and valid driver’s license is required to operate any two-wheeler vehicle that does not have a gearbox, any two-wheeled vehicle that does have a gearbox, any automated or geared four-wheeler, any transport vehicle, and any commercial vehicle. After passing the oral and written exams, obtaining a driver’s license is open to anybody over the age of 18 who meets the requirements. The application process for the very same is not a tough one at all.
However, after an application for a driver’s license has been submitted, everyone is curious about the driving licence application status. Because obtaining a duplicate of the license might be a time-consuming process, a driving license check is something that really needs to be done. The applicant can verify the DL status of their application by going to the RTO, also known as the Regional Transport Office.
How long does it take to get your driving license?
You are probably aware that in order to obtain a driver’s license, each candidate is required to first pass a driving exam. There are situations when the candidates aren’t even told if they passed or failed the exam that was administered there at Regional Transport Office (RTO). In addition, factors such as bank holidays and even simple delays in paper processing have the potential to push back the delivery date of your driver’s license even farther into the future.
If this is your first time applying for a new driver’s license, you should expect the process to take around thirty days (working days) until you receive your new license. When you apply for a duplicate driver’s license, this is something that is also required of you. There are situations in which a duplicate driver’s license might be granted earlier.
How to check driving licence application status via the official website of the State Transport
- Navigate to the website of the state’s department of transportation in the state in which you now reside.
- Select “DL and LL Registration” from the drop-down menu.
- Once you have been routed, select the page labeled “Know the status of your application.”
- In the space provided, type the application number that was provided to you in the online application and then click the “Submit” button.
- A webpage with the driving licence application status will be presented to you, and you will be able to check the information on that page.
How to check the driving licence application status online using the Sarathi website
- The first thing you should do is go to the official website, which can be found at https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/.
- Hover your mouse pointer over the tab labeled “Online Services.”
- Select the “Driving License Related Services” tab with your mouse and click it.
- Select the State in which you now make your home.
- Once you have been routed, select the “Verify Pay Status” tab from the available options.
- Provide your Application Number, Birth Date, as well as the Captcha code before clicking the “Verify” button.
- A new page that contains the data about the current status of your driver’s license will be presented to you at this point.
After a successful application has been filed, the status will be shown on the Sarthi Parivahan website after 30 days. When checking the progress of your application, you will need both the application number and your date of birth. After a period of 20 years has passed since your last renewal, your driver’s license will no longer be valid. A driver’s license that is valid across India.
Once you successfully submit your application, it is necessary to track your driving licence application status. The above-mentioned method will help you in tracking the driving licence application status and assigning when you will be racing your valid license.